Monday, May 19, 2008

Big Bubble Dot - an explanation


I made you a mini kit FREEBIE, bordering on full-size. For those of you interested in downloading, and downloading only, click on the pinkish hyperlinks that say: Big Bubble Dot. For the rest of you, interested in why they heck I'd call a kit Big Bubble Dot, without there actually being a Big Bubble Dot anywhere... read on!

You see I used to work at Belk. Actually, "used to" is almost a misnomer. My last day was yesterday. Not that I went to work yesterday, but that is another post. Along the lines of my last post, and I'm not repeating myself. Belk, for anyone not in the south, is a department store much like Macy's or Nordstromm's. Once I got into digital scrapbooking I found myself seeing scrap pages galore every time I went to work. I saw pages in dresses, sweaters, skirts, heck, I even saw pages in pants. I spent more time doodling than helping customers. Hence the "used to".

One of my favorite dresses was in juniors, not that I'm a junior. And since I'm not a junior. And I so loved this dress. I made it a paper. Shocker, I know. This paper has been sitting on my computer for months now. It's sitting there looking so pretty. So exactly like that dress. And yet, I have not anything to truly go with it. Oh, the stuff in this kit, my Big Bubble Dot mini kit, goes with that paper. That dress. But not enough for me to actually include it in the kit. There is however, as I struggle to make a kit to go with the paper, plenty to be shared. Therefore I am sharing today, and explaining the name. As much as this name can be explained.

So this kit is named after my favorite dress. That I don't fit in. That I turned into a paper. That doesn't fit in my kit. Named after the dress. The paper. What is included in this FREEBIE? All the following:

  • 4 papers (but no actual Big Bubble Dot paper)
  • 2 frames both with slight drop shadows added
  • 3 buttons
  • 3 flowers
  • 1 word art
Please note that unless specifically listed, none of the files come with drop shadows seen in the preview. And, as always now, please leave me comments, suggestions, helpful hints or thank you's! I'd also love to see any LO's done with my designs.

No comments: