Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Introducing" Aqua Noir... with a freebie!

I'm not a very pretentious person, far from it even. A person with 6 kids only has so much dignity & grace... all of it out the door by the time the 4th one leaves fruit snacks on the driver seat to melt to ones butt (not that this has ever happened to me). Yet this kit, one of my favorites to date, though I'm sure I think this with every new kit, sat on my harddrive nameless. Naming is so not my thing.

What would you have named this kit? It's colors are soft blues & greens, contrasted by bold whites & blacks. The papers are super shabby, almost vintage. There are even 3 completely worn & torn papers. I've got several dotted patterns, a damask pattern and a starburst pattern. There is glitter, can't have a kit without glitter, there are puffy elements, painted wood elements and clustered elements. I loved this kit. I just couldn't come up with a name.

My husband thought it looked like something vintage-y, maybe out of a noir film in the 20's. I couldn't get away from the blue flavor. But it had green too... and so, while sleeping actually, I came up with Aqua Noir. And nothing else would do.

Aqua Noir is on sale at Stone Accents Studio now until the end of March, along with all my kits, alpha's, CU items and even my bargain bin stuff! I'm calling it March Madness. Give those words kinder meaning since I'm really not a basketball fan. And lest you all think I forgot... there is a freebie! Scroll down to the end of my babbling to collect it.





You've finally reached the freebie! It's a stunning quickpage done by the fabulous Stephanie of Scrappy Cocoa, be sure to visit her blog & leave her some love for her hardwork as well. You can get the freebie here or by clicking on the preview below:

A little FYI, I'm now switching from box.net to Mediafire for my freebie hosting. Box.net is wonderful, but has limited bandwidth. After only 2 weeks I'm at 75% of my bandwidth. I'd hate to list a freebie to have only a limited number of users be able to download. Sooooo back to the drawing board. Let me know how you like this shared server.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 11 Mar [LA 08:00pm, NY 10:00pm] - 12 Mar [UK 03:00am, OZ 02:00pm] ).

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY BOTH o very much for this LOVELY QP!!!!!!!!!!!

linnie-818 said...

Just found you (through the IKEAgoddess blog). My lucky day! Your work is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with us and I can't wait to explore your blog and stores.

cc said...

I would send this as an email, but bloggers don't seem to give easy access to their email address. Your piggy logo appears lit from the bottom. Every time I see it, the first thing I see is a frowny face. Probably not as inviting as you'd like.
cc

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Thank you!